If you have ever been to Life Alive in Cambridge, you are probably in love with their sauces like I am. This was inspired by their Swami bowl. It is a little different but delicious none the less and it is crazy healthy. This is a great anti-cancer recipe with broccoli, kale, scallions, garlic, purple cabbage and turmeric. If you want you can add steamed cubed tofu or chicken breast, and avocado.
1 cup cooked brown rice
1-2 leaves kale chopped and lightly steamed
1/2 cup broccoli, steamed
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
1 tbsp toasted almonds, chopped
1 tbsp raisins or currants
- Assemble bowl with some brown rice, steamed broccoli and kale, raw carrots, cabbage and scallions.
- Add toasted almonds and currants.
- Drizzle Curry Miso sauce over bowl and serve.
Curry Miso Sauce
1 garlic clove — crushed
1/4 cup tahini sesame paste
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tsp grated fresh turmeric
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 tsp honey
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup rice bran or rapeseed oil
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/3 – 1/2 cup water
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add more water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Sauce can be doubled or tripled and stored in fridge for a week.